Sunday, March 14, 2010

Won't be able to sleep tonight

So I just came back from work...

Point two about me: I'm a waitress and work three shifts a week along with uni.. which isn't too bad I suppose. It gives me enough money to save a little bit and my allowance for the week.

Point three about me: I hate to admit it, but I am a hopeless romantic. I mean, not only have I not had a boyfriend in nearly 19 years, I think it is partially due to my lack of approach-ness. I never approach guys or try to get guys to like me because of all those stupid romantic-cinderella story-chick flick movies which are all total fiction. You know the ones...

Recap of stupid romantic-cinderella story-chick flick movies: Actually, there are two kinds.

A) 1. boy and girl are complete opposites and have never interacted.. usually in high school from different cliques. It's usually the girl who is nerdy and the guy who is a jock (go figure).
2. They end up colliding by chance and are torn apart by their friends who want them to choose their friends instead of the desired guy or girl. It's almost always the guy who makes the moves (this is when I start to become hopeful for myself).
3. In the end, they overcome their differences (or say they will work it out because they are each worth it) and live happily ever after..
4. This usually ends with some cheesy making out- kissing scene in the middle of the street or where there are lots of people with the camera filming their kiss whilst revolving around the couple in a circle..
its true right?

and then theres...
B) 1. Boy and girl are best friends... and have been since they were tiny totts.
2. One starts to fall for a popular person at their school and the other still tries to be the best friend and encourage the relationship EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW that they are secretly in love with their best friend and have been since they met on that playground some 10 years ago..
3. The one falling for a popular person realises that they are popular for a reason (usually because they sleep around or cheat) and comes to the realisation that WOW! I am in love with my best friend, how could I not have seen this before? How could I have been so blind?! blah blah blah..
4. Another make-out final kissing scene with the usual revolving around the couple whilst embracing in each others arms..

So yeah you get my drift right? I am one in a million girls who believe that they will be swept off their feet by a guy straight out of cinderella and that NO, you dont have to do anything, they will come to you. When it's time, you will have your cinderella story...

I just wanted to get that out in the open while I lay here and mope about my repellent-ness to the opposite sex because of what happens at work every single shift. Okay, so all our chefs are male and we have bartenders (women) who are pretty hot.. nice body, nice smile.. blah blah.. and they follow them like puppy dogs! seriously most of the girls are so dumb I doubt they remember their own names! It just really pisses me off and theres a girl who gloats about all these guys who are into her at work whilst she has a boyfriend waiting at home.. same for one of the guys.. sometimes you just want to snap your fingers in their face and say: "NOW HOLD ON A MINUTE.. i am a girl too.. I mean I wouldnt want to be hit on like some kind of prostitute, but a little attention would be nice. This is the reason I don't bother with makeup at work anymore. All natural for me.

*sigh... well, now thats off my chest, I think it's time for bed. I'm sure i'll be back with another whiny story tomorrow :)

I love you, to all who bother to read about my boring life <3

No comments:

Post a Comment